The project aims to reinforce the production of high-quality olive oil with health protective properties. The project will focus on the exchange of good practices in olive oil producing countries and aspires to create a pool of adequately trained stakeholders of the olive oil sector, namely: producers, olive millers, bottling companies etc. who will be able to add value to their final product. The project builds on existing know how developed within ARISTOIL project co- financed through Interreg Med program, regarding the reinforcement of the Mediterranean olive oil sector competitiveness through development and application of innovative production and quality control methodologies related to olive oil health protecting properties.
E.GT.C EFXINI POLI-NETWORK OF EUR CITIES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT – Coordinator – Greece
SVI.MED CENTRO EUROMEDITERRANEO PER LO SVILUPPO SOSTENIBILE – Italy
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FORESTRY – Turkey
MKV CONSULTING MKV INTERNATIONAL CONSULTING TRAINING SERVICES – Turkey
Med.O.R.O. scarl – Italy
EVROPAIKO INSTITOUTO EXELIXIS KAI OLOKLIROSIS – Greece
Main objectives and results
- Demonstrate adequate understanding of the extra virgin oil production and health claims, supported by scientific evidence.
- Awareness campaign addressed also to consumers about the benefits of olive oil and targeted training courses about relevant product labelling.
- Training courses on marketing strategy on health benefits in order to reinforce the market demand for such products.
- Identify commercial benefit in the local, national and international market by health claim labelling.
- Adoption of health claim by Olive Companies and brands. Stakeholders such as Chambers of Commerce and Local Government will support their members to the adoption of the healthy label, providing support for intercept specific market segments, today very sensitive to the theme of health and nutritional foods.